Robert T. Joyce, Personal Injury Lawyer
Robert Joyce is certified as a specialist in the area of Civil Trial by The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization. Board Certified means that he is a “specialist” in the field of Civil Trial law. Only 7% of attorneys in Florida can claim this distinction. Mr. Joyce has received an “AV” rating from Martindale-Hubbell. “AV” is the highest rating available and is limited to the top 13 percentile of attorneys nationally.
Mr. Joyce received the 2017 “Trial Lawyer of the Year” by American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) for Central Florida 2017. American Board of Trial Advocates is an organization that is made up of 50% lawyers for the defense and 50% lawyers for the plaintiff and as a result, in order to get that award one is recognized by both sides of the Trial Bar. ABOTA is dedicated to the preservation of trial by jury.
Mr. Joyce received the 2016 “Champion of Justice Award” by the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association (only 8 recipients in the history of the organization) which is an award for excellence in the representation of plaintiffs in personal injury suits. Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association is an organization that is made up of trial lawyers for plaintiffs in personal injury matters.
He has been involved in several million and multi-million dollar lawsuits from both the plaintiff and defendant’s perspective and can bring his full wealth of knowledge to work protecting your rights. It should be noted that he has tried over 200 civil jury trials as the lead counsel.
Mr. Joyce has frequently lectured in his specialty area, both nationally and internationally
Juris Doctorate, Stetson University College of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida, 1980
- Member, Stetson University Law Review
- Published: “Probation Revocation; Florida’s Fourth Amendment is but an Empty Promise,” Stetson Law Review, Spring 1980
- Honor Court Judge
- Moot Court Judge
Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida, 1977
- Cum Laude graduate
- Florida Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association Grievance Committee
- Vice Chairperson
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Sustaining Member
- Florida Justice Association ; former board member
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Former Chapter President
- National Board Member
- Hillsborough County Trial Lawyers Association
- Roscoe Pound Foundation
- Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association and Recipient of the 2016 Champion of Justice Award
Admitted to Practice
- State of Florida
- United States District Court